My preciouss..
I always reckon movies quote as a fun thing. Good memorable lines can relive the whole movie scenes, complete with the sudden burst of emotion we had when we first watch them. Last June, based on a survey, American Film Institute released their version of top 100 movie quotes list. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," a Clark Gable’s line from “Gone With The Wind” (1939), sit in the top of the list. But the most memorable quoted movie would be the Humprey Bogart’s “Casablanca” (1942). The movie won six quotation on the chart. That should tell us something about the quality of the writing.
In time, memorable movie quotes become public vocabulary: much quoted and sometimes parodied. Most of the movies represented in the list are classic (read: old movies). From the top 100 quotation list, only about 50% of them I’ve familiar with, and only half of that I’ve had the honor to personally watched. And went through the list of 400 nominations, I find several personal favourite of mine. For a moment, they relive the movie for me:
Pengennya sih melakukan hal yang sama untuk film-film Indonesia, tapi sayangnya bukan termasuk penonton setia film Indonesia. Kalau ditanya, film Indonesia yang klasik apa ya? Hmm, yang terpikir cuma film “Badai Pasti Berlalu” (1975). Tapi adakah dialog yang menjadi terkenal dari dalamnya. Rasanya nggak ada. Yah, sudah berusaha cukup keras, tapi cuma dapat segini:
I always reckon movies quote as a fun thing. Good memorable lines can relive the whole movie scenes, complete with the sudden burst of emotion we had when we first watch them. Last June, based on a survey, American Film Institute released their version of top 100 movie quotes list. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," a Clark Gable’s line from “Gone With The Wind” (1939), sit in the top of the list. But the most memorable quoted movie would be the Humprey Bogart’s “Casablanca” (1942). The movie won six quotation on the chart. That should tell us something about the quality of the writing.
In time, memorable movie quotes become public vocabulary: much quoted and sometimes parodied. Most of the movies represented in the list are classic (read: old movies). From the top 100 quotation list, only about 50% of them I’ve familiar with, and only half of that I’ve had the honor to personally watched. And went through the list of 400 nominations, I find several personal favourite of mine. For a moment, they relive the movie for me:“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
(Yoda, Star Wars Ep. V, 1980)
“Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.”
(Ricky Fitts, American Beauty, 1999)
“I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...”
(Roy Batty, Blade Runner, 1982)
“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.”
(Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs, 1991)
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”
(Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird, 1962)
(Yoda, Star Wars Ep. V, 1980)
“Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.”
(Ricky Fitts, American Beauty, 1999)
“I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die...”
(Roy Batty, Blade Runner, 1982)
“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.”
(Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs, 1991)
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”
(Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird, 1962)
Pengennya sih melakukan hal yang sama untuk film-film Indonesia, tapi sayangnya bukan termasuk penonton setia film Indonesia. Kalau ditanya, film Indonesia yang klasik apa ya? Hmm, yang terpikir cuma film “Badai Pasti Berlalu” (1975). Tapi adakah dialog yang menjadi terkenal dari dalamnya. Rasanya nggak ada. Yah, sudah berusaha cukup keras, tapi cuma dapat segini:“Bujang.. Bujang.. Sudah kubilang zangan kau bertempur. Bertempur juga kau. Matilah kau..!
(Naga Bonar, Naga Bonar, 1986)
“Salah satu dari kita pasti ada yang punya otak atau punya hati... sedangkan kamu, nggak punya dua-duanya...”
(Rangga, Ada Apa Dengan Cinta, 2002)
"Jangan asal nyambung gitu deh pa.. Aku lagi kesel nih.."
(Sherina, Petualangan Sherina, 2000)
“Teken Jendral!”
(Interogator PKI, Pengkhianatan G-30-S/PKI, 1982)
“Gila lu ‘Ndro!”
(Kasino, setiap film Warkop, ‘80-an);
(Naga Bonar, Naga Bonar, 1986)
“Salah satu dari kita pasti ada yang punya otak atau punya hati... sedangkan kamu, nggak punya dua-duanya...”
(Rangga, Ada Apa Dengan Cinta, 2002)
"Jangan asal nyambung gitu deh pa.. Aku lagi kesel nih.."
(Sherina, Petualangan Sherina, 2000)
“Teken Jendral!”
(Interogator PKI, Pengkhianatan G-30-S/PKI, 1982)
“Gila lu ‘Ndro!”
(Kasino, setiap film Warkop, ‘80-an);



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home