b

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meet Eenie, Meenie, Moe * 

Four strange interloper breach the house the other day. Unbeknownst to me, the one-two-three-four uninvited guess has entered the house from a slightly ajar window. They’ve chose to inhabit part of the house that lately I rarely visit. They’ve taken their sanctuary in the corner of the room. I would never have the heart to tell them to leave. I'll just sealed the room a few weeks to make room for them. I let the window open for just in case they want to make their leave.

From their half seeing eyes, from the trembling of their walk, the three couldn’t have been older than a week. The mother I know has been seen around for sometimes. One of the tame one she was. We’ve known each other for a while. Maybe, reciprocally, she marked my house as one the ’domesticated’ ones. And remembering the strange noises from the attic, I suspect the three was born there. A white spotted one, a grey-stripped one, and a little basic black.

In the dimly lit former praying room, watching the three trying to keep warm by snuggling to each other, silently cuddled with the mother, in one of the rare moment, I find peace. In the brief blissful moment, the pain soothed, the hate forgotten, and the anger subside, as I fall in love again with the cute little black brave, Moe.

* ’Minie’ as a name is rather taken I’m afraid;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home